TRAUMA INFORMED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 2017-18
Our current trainings are being conducted by Kerry in Nova Scotia
Learn how to work with students wishing to find balance & equanimity within their own lives holistically; Yoga as part of Ayurveda.
Emphasize how to teach in a way that is sensitive, mindful and understanding of students dealing with challenges as a result of trauma and/or high stress. Focus on deep inner body work in a gentle, authentic (non-coercive) way.
The asana component of this training will be centred on how to use asana, as a pathway for one to travel deeper within your Self. This training will not have an emphasis on asana as a form of fitness.
This 200 hours YTT is based on traditional Vedic teachings as well as the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with emphasis on trauma sensitive material.
Saimavik is a Yoga Alliance accredited Yoga school (RYS). Students that complete this training will be eligible to obtain a 200hrs Yoga Alliance(RYT) Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) Certification.
Who is this training for:
- Those who wish to obtain a YTT certification
- Certified Yoga instructors who wish to widen their scope or deepen their knowledge
- Also appropriate for those who may not wish to teach, yet want to get a profound understanding of Yoga
- Anyone interested in learning more about themselves through a traditional Yoga approach
- Those wishing to work on overcoming trauma through yoga
- Professionals within the fields of social services
- Licensed clinicians who wish to integrate this material into their practice
This training will be given in a 3 part (1 week each) immersion formula.
Three weeks (180 hours) total plus 20 non-contact hours.
- THIS TRAINING IS CURRENTLY UNDERWAY – STAY TUNED FOR A NEW PROGRAMS!
The 20 non-contact hours will include study, assignments and practicum. All to be completed between Jan 19 and June 2, 2018. Guidelines will be given.
Contact Kerry: +1-902-648-7828 email@example.com
About your lead Instructor:
Kerry has over 40 years of experience in yoga and has been going to India (where Yoga comes from) yearly for more than 10 years to study with Masters there. She has been teaching yoga to children, teachers and leaders throughout the Maritimes and Nunavut for since the 90’s. Kerry has worked with diverse populations including schools, at-risk youth, addictions, corrections, pre-post natal, elders and seniors, persons with disabilities as well as the general public. Kerry lives according to the yogic values and principles daily and offers a deep well of knowledge that she shares inclusively with students from all walks of life.
*Guest teachers to be announced at a later date.
For more details and information on this training, please email Kerry directly or call 902-648-7828